Welcome to the Microwave and Wireless Research Group at University of Brasilia
The group was officially created in 2009, consisting of researchers from the Departments of Electric Engineering and Computer Sciences, but its members have been cooperating in several projects over the past four years. We are currently using the infrastructure and equipment of the Laboratory for Microwave and Millimetric Wave Structures (LEMOM).
Mission and Goals
The Microwave and Wireless Systems Lab at the University of Brasília (UnB) has as its main goal the investigation of advanced wireless networks and the development of new techniques that help improve their capacity and reach. The focus of this research group is in the following research areas:
- Simulation of wireless networks, specially at link- and radio system level;
- Advanced transmission techniques for wireless communications
- Cognitive radio, particularly spectrum sensing techniques and algorithms for allocation of wireless resources;
- Traffic analysis and modelling of wireless networks;
- Propagation theory and wireless channel measurements;
- Visible Light Communications.